cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

registered with wrong email address

Hi all

My manager registered his go daddy account with wrong email, we found that the email is ..@gamil.com instead of ..@gmail.com so he can't verify his email and domains he buy is about to be stopped.

how can this be fixed

best regards

12 REPLIES 12
Super User II
Super User II

Re: registered with wrong email address

@M0hammar wrote:

Hi all

My manager registered his go daddy account with wrong email, we found that the email is ..@gamil.com instead of ..@gmail.com so he can't verify his email and domains he buy is about to be stopped.

how can this be fixed

best regards

@M0hammar simply change your account email address and the whois contact information for the domains within the account.

--

Re: registered with wrong email addressy

thank you for reply

we already tried to change the email in the contact settings for the domain but since Friday nothing is updated and it gives message "your domain must be in an eligible status", we contacted support on chat several times  once we contact they just say 24 hours and it will be updated , 4 days later and nothing is updated.

regards

Solution

Hi @M0hammar,

Welcome to our forums. You will need to contact our support team so that they can update the email address for you, just let them know their was a typo. Updating your domain contact information placed a lock which is why your domain is not ineligible status per new ICANN policy. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Good luck with that I have been waiting 6 days for them to update my information!

Email verification

My domain was disabled because I don't have access the email I have added to.

And I have followed the new ICANN registrant and sent an email to change@godaddy.com that contain my ID about 5 days, and live chat is unavailable.

I just need urgent help as I urgently need to get it done

domain name: joylgroup.com

Employee
Employee

Re: Email verification

Good Morning!

I would recommend calling in and speaking with one of our Support Representatives. They should be able to check on your request. You can find our Support Number here. I hope this helps!

i have mis- spelt a single letter in my email address during registration and contacting them for the past 5 days.

Now no response to my emails. No changes/corrections were made. Worst technical support.

Buddy, I am also facing same problem from last 13 days. Sent mail before 8 days, called GoDaddy support around 25 times. Still waiting for updates. 😞

E-Mail Verify Problem

I have make a mistake to key wrong my email address for my first time purchase .

Now i cant get the email for verification , so now what can i do , 

nursingjobsincanada.com

This is just f*** way to resolve it. I call it many time and they put it on hold. They should have live chat to solve it.

Possibly Godaddy is the one that changed my email trying to make it look as if I'm the one that made spelling mistake.

After registering with Godaddy, I recieved an email on workloaded247@gmail.com telling me that my acct was registered successfully.

But when account verification failed, I discovered that the email with Godaddy is workload247@gmail.com instead of workloadeded247@gmail.com

My question is, how did Godaddy get my correct email in the first place, telling me my account was successfully created.

The second thing is, I am unable to deactive auto renewals on that account.

Godaddy don't seem to be decent at all.

Hi @workloaded. Thanks for posting and being a part of the GoDaddy Community.

GoDaddy does not change or update email addresses on domains contact information on customer's behalves. When you go to register, you do have to refill out the contact information you would like to be listed on the domain name separately from what is listed for your GoDaddy account. It could have just been a case of accidentally misspelling your email address a second time. You can use these steps to update the domain contact information on your domain. 

It also sounds like your domain is not active in your account and that would be the cause for why the auto renew cannot be disabled. Once you have the domain contact information updated and then verified, you should be able to manage the renewal settings on the domain. If you run into any issues, I recommend reaching out to our live support team for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.