cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We deleted some items for you"

I received an email titled "The enclosed items have been canceled" and the email read "we deleted some items for you". This was for a .app domain where I entered the waiting list, and received the order confirmation 2 days ago.... It seems as GoDaddy removes peoples domains from the waiting list without their consent or knowledge? I´d like to be in touch with a customer service manager asap - the phone waiting time was 28 minutes.

The other domains I registered are still there.

So what has happened to the domain I needed the most?

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II
Super User II

Re: "We deleted some items for you"

@frustration2018 wrote:

I received an email titled "The enclosed items have been canceled" and the email read "we deleted some items for you". This was for a .app domain where I entered the waiting list, and received the order confirmation 2 days ago.... It seems as GoDaddy removes peoples domains from the waiting list without their consent or knowledge? I´d like to be in touch with a customer service manager asap - the phone waiting time was 28 minutes.

The other domains I registered are still there.

So what has happened to the domain I needed the most?

@frustration2018 I'm assuming another customer paid for a more expensive pre registration for the domain which in turn canceled your regular pre registration.

---

Well, the other emails I´ve received where someone else was ahead of me had this information: "Error message from the registry: Domain has been registered in a previous phase or is blocked by the registry. Domain purchase will be refunded."

My waiting list position for fixit.app was just cancelled out of the blue. 

Super User II
Super User II

@frustration2018 wrote:

Well, the other emails I´ve received where someone else was ahead of me had this information: "Error message from the registry: Domain has been registered in a previous phase or is blocked by the registry. Domain purchase will be refunded."

My waiting list position for fixit.app was just cancelled out of the blue. 

@frustration2018 I can see from the whois that the domain was registered yesterday. The .app extension was a bit different because Google Registry offered difference pricing tiers. https://www.registry.google/about/whois.html?q=fixit.app&hl=en

---

I got the order confirmation for fixit.app on the 6th of may morning time. I find that a bit strange?

If the WHOIS is using eastern time, I got my order confirmation 10-11 hours before the time stamp for the person that got the domain....