cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nameservers problem

I registered my own nameservers using Host names at advanced section and after 2 days, my dns still unresponsive. So i think this is glitch, and staff from Godaddy needs to report or solve this problem.

This problem only occurs at Godaddy.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II

Re: nameservers problem

Hello , I hope you are fine. Please check your DNS and Nameservers settings again. If your domain name is registered with GoDaddy, use the following instructions to update its nameservers depending how you use or host the domain name.

1. Click a domain name in the list below to go to its DNS Management page:
  2. On the DNS Management page, under Nameservers, click Change.
  3. Under Choose your nameserver type, select Default or Custom.
  4. Click Save.

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy PRO | Founder/CEO at TechMag, ZulWeb, Enter To Study

No, i've done that before but it doesn't work. My registered host name aren't propagated still after 48 hrs. This only occurs here at Godaddy.

- I've registered my own host names and put these nameservers in custom nameservers.

But now still not work, im waiting for solution this one isn't. It's a classic "shut up" message. 

I'm really frustrated.

Super User III Super User III
Super User III

It should be noted that Super Users are not GoDaddy employees.  Rather @ZulWeb and myself are Community members who try to help out in our spare time.

Here is the article on registering nameservers if the domain was registered with GoDaddy.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-my-own-host-names-as-nameservers-12320

If the domain was registered elsewhere you'll need to register the nameservers with them.

Just to be clear and to note that i've done all of that required and still not working. I've checked on check-host.net for dns, the problem is Godaddy. 

I've registered my private nameservers including IP address, do i need to draw that on paper ?

Read all entire my messaging not thgrough the line ang giving the classic message reply to see at FAQ.

I was having domain in another registars and everything was fine when i register my private nameservers, just right now started to think about switching to another registar should resolve this situation.

Since you are only super user you can not help to my problem. Ill wait till one of their support team reply. Please don't bump the topic with these classic answers to see in faq.

Super User III Super User III
Super User III

The Community is primarily made up of other users like yourself.  We are just trying to provide suggestions based on the limited information provided.  Generally the more clear information you provide the better answers you'll get.  If you want support to look into your account you'll need to contact them directly with your user ID and PIN handy.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us