cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving domain registration to Australian registrar

Hi, When trying to transfer Domain name registration away from go Daddy, (attempted 4 times) I am advised by my current host, net virtue the following:

Again, the error message when trying to transfer is 
```
Registrant Country must be entered as 2 characters - ISO 3166 Standard. EG. AU
```
So you just have to fix the Registrant Country field in the domain information at the current registrar before this can be transferred. 

I have had 3 hour long conversations with Go Daddy, the above was emailed to the second support guy but we never heard back from him, the third person was female, she requested a phone number in case the connection was lost, after one hour and numerous times put on hold the connection was broken, but again there was no return phone call.

At a loss as to what to do next..

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: moving domain registration to Australian registrar

Hi @frustratedoz. Sorry to hear you've had such difficulty with this. I'm guessing you have a .AU domain, otherwise you would be able to update your registration information on your own. In this situation, our support team should reach out internally to our Domains Services team, who can get the information updated for you. Occasionally this requires an escalation to that team. I'm sorry if that didn't happen for you. However, this is a community forum rather than a support form. Users here do not have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with issues of this nature. Please try reaching out to support once more so you can get this taken care of.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.