cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there anyway to see domain forwarding history? Need to find old/correct URL for company blog

Is there a way to see the domain forwarding history associated with one of my domains?

I created a blog for my company on wordpress.org. We registered a domain name and had the domain forward to the blog site.

Not sure how, but the domain forward was changed by someone else at my company to a different URL and now I can't find the original URL it forwarded to as my credentials to wordpress.org is showing up as invalid. 

Attempting to retrieve the old account on wordpress.org but running into issues as they have no tech support other than online forums.

I'm hoping that there is a way to find the original domain forward in my godaddy account so I can see what the original wordpress blog URL is/was.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I
Super User I

Re: is there anyway to see domain forwarding history? Need to find old/correct URL for company blog

@Domain_man wrote:

Is there a way to see the domain forwarding history associated with one of my domains?

I created a blog for my company on wordpress.org. We registered a domain name and had the domain forward to the blog site.

Not sure how, but the domain forward was changed by someone else at my company to a different URL and now I can't find the original URL it forwarded to as my credentials to wordpress.org is showing up as invalid. 

Attempting to retrieve the old account on wordpress.org but running into issues as they have no tech support other than online forums.

I'm hoping that there is a way to find the original domain forward in my godaddy account so I can see what the original wordpress blog URL is/was.

@Domain_man I'm not aware of any domain forwarding history but you could try something like screenshots.com or archive.org to see if you can view the old sites.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I

Re: is there anyway to see domain forwarding history? Need to find old/correct URL for company blog

@justingodfrey,

Archive.org brings up the site, yes, but is shows it with the domain we own - not to the blog site that the URL was forwarding to.

I was hoping godaddy would have a log of what changes were made to the accounts so I could see what the domain used to forward to and when it was changed. I would think they'd have to have some kind of record on file.

Super User I
Super User I

@Domain_man wrote:

@justingodfrey,

Archive.org brings up the site, yes, but is shows it with the domain we own - not to the blog site that the URL was forwarding to.

I was hoping godaddy would have a log of what changes were made to the accounts so I could see what the domain used to forward to and when it was changed. I would think they'd have to have some kind of record on file.

@Domain_man There's nothing that I know of personally but someone else may be able to help you.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I