cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

iDNS - Domain Name Expiration Notice

This is an alert since I searched the community for conversations about this and came up empty.

I got a letter from a "company" called Internet Domain Name Services (iDNS) stating that "As a courtesy to domain name holders" they were going to help me renew one of my domains. I knew I registered through GoDaddy originally.

To be certain I checked my account and the domain was set to auto-renew in October with GoDaddy. Other than updating the payment method there was no issue. 

iDNS was generously going to act as my agent to renew for 2 years at $90 (a $10 discount from the 1 year price).  I went ahead with my renewal at GoDaddy for 2 years at $36.34 (a $53.66 discount from iDNS).  Duh.

I am sure legally this is not fraud since it is presented as a "courtesy" but it did not pass the sniff test when I first opened and read it.  And I suspect the GoDaddy community is too savvy to engage the "courtesy" but I thought it should at least be highlighted in the community for newbies.

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: iDNS - Domain Name Expiration Notice

@RogerRodger 

iDNS and Domain Registry of America - are two of the companies (and maybe the same) who send out something that looks just like an invoice but are really a domain transfer to them - I have had many clients over the year get them and ask me - I always say just toss it out

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community