cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

gdmig-mydomainname.com

What is gdmig-mydomainname.com? I have two domains that also have two other domains with "gdmig-" in front of the domain names. A total of four domains when I only ordered two. What is this about?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@gsgambl 

Thank you for posted the screenshot. What you are showing is a "Hosted DNS" meaning that that domain is on one of your accounts - like a managed wordpress or a server name. You would see this if you were hosting a site for someone and they had the domain registered in their own account / somewhere else.

One thought that I have is if GoDaddy is migrating your site / domain for you - perhaps you had the old linux hosting and are getting moved to a cPanel account or something similar.

GDMIG - to me suggest GoDaddy Migration and they've add that as a temp domain to assign to a server while things are moved around.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@idontknow 

Can you post a screen capture of what you are referring to.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Hi @idontknow ,

Welcome to the Community!

GoDaddy does not add anything to the front of a domain, as that would create a new domain. While you haven't mentioned the domain names themselves, please check that they are registered with GoDaddy, then contact GoDaddy customer support to have them reviewed. 

If you see them in your domain manager as "hosted DNS", they are only using GoDaddy nameservers and are not actually registered here. Check with the current registrar where you purchased them to see why this prefix may be added. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

GD_Domain.jpgI have the same thing ... domain is hosted on GD

@gsgambl 

Thank you for posted the screenshot. What you are showing is a "Hosted DNS" meaning that that domain is on one of your accounts - like a managed wordpress or a server name. You would see this if you were hosting a site for someone and they had the domain registered in their own account / somewhere else.

One thought that I have is if GoDaddy is migrating your site / domain for you - perhaps you had the old linux hosting and are getting moved to a cPanel account or something similar.

GDMIG - to me suggest GoDaddy Migration and they've add that as a temp domain to assign to a server while things are moved around.

View solution in original post