cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your DKIM signature is not valid

Despite not having any email authentication configured in my DNS settings on GoDaddy (no DKIM and no TXT records at all except for google-site-verification), I get the following error when testing my mail on mail-tester.com, which is reducing my email score significantly.  Any ideas how to improve this? I don't need email authentication but I don't see how to disable it. 

The DKIM signature of your message is:

v=1;
	a=rsa-sha256;
	c=relaxed/relaxed;
	d=cbtnest.com;
	s=google;
	h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to;
	bh=<hidden>
	b=<hidden>

We were not able to retrieve your public key.
Please ensure that you inserted your DKIM TXT DNS record on your domain cbtnest.com using the selector google.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Your DKIM signature is not valid

Hi @doc_chazz. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! As far as I know, our DNS system doesn't support DKIM records, so I'm not sure why your domain would have one. My guess would be that it's related to caching with the website you mentioned. When I performed this test, I didn't find a DKIM record. You may want to reach out to that provider to see if they can offer more information about why this is happening. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Hello Jesse,

Even for my domain mail-tester.com gives same error and gmail and outlook headers give this information for DKIM. 

dkim=temperror (no key for signature)

They are able to find the signature for DKIM but do not see public key in DNS settings because GoDaddy does not provide such key. What should be done in such case as emails from my domain are landing in spam for many such big engines.

hello, i just wanted to inform you about your email status. If you have had your email end up in spam folders more than two times you have now been marked as "unwanted mailer" by the system. your email will now be considered spam even once your protocols have been corrected. look into google analytics. getting sent to a spam folder ever is real bad for an email addresses reputation on servers.