cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Verify your email address to avoid a hold on your site

When I login I receive the message below. How am I supposed to know which domain this is referring to? The message doesn't tell me and I have probably close to a hundred. When I click on the "Resend Email" button it changes to "Error Sending." What an I supposed to do here exactly? 

Verify your email address to avoid a hold on your site. Can't find the email?
A verification email has been sent to your email address on file.

Check your email and follow directions to complete setting up your account. If you have not received a verification email, check your junk or spam filter.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Verify your email address to avoid a hold on your site

Hello @larosechris and thank you for reaching out to the community. 

Sounds like a possible SPAM email possibly. Who sent the email? You can also double-check if that is a valid email by contacting GoDaddy Support as well. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
Solution

Hi @larosechris,

Welcome to the Community!

You'll want to view the status column in your domain manager to see if any of your domains require Whois Verification (the status will show as red, for easy identification). This article will help you understand the process and take action to complete the verification request. 

The previous response is also correct. Please be sure upon receiving any email presumed to be from us, that the sender is @godaddy.com. A different email sender (such as @godaddy-accounts.co, or any alteration of our email address) may prove to be a phishing attempt. 

If you don't find a domain in the verification status, you can contact our support team to review the email you received. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

To revisit this, in my list of domains, I can see one with a status of "Pending Whois Verification". When I click on "Send Confirmation Email", I receive the email from Godaddy and I click on the "Verify Email Now" link in the email. It takes me to a page which says "Success! We verified your email address." However when I go back to my list of domains it still continues to show Pending Whois Verification.