cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Transferred Domain to AWS, but lost all DNS records. Can they be recovered from GoDaddy?

So as the subject says, I used to have a domain on GoDaddy, and recently (like a week ago) I transferred a domain to use AWS and their domain hosting, etc etc...

However, I forgot to export / make note of what the DNS records were before I transferred the domain, and now NOTHING is working. Email is dead because of not MX records. Website won't load (because no A or CNAME records). Nada.

So... Is it possible to get the last-seen-values from GoDaddy (even if I have to call into support and have them manually read off the values or something, that's better than starting from scratch)??? 

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Transferred Domain to AWS, but lost all DNS records. Can they be recovered from GoDaddy?

@keitzer 

I don't believe support will be able to see any values that maybe in their database. 

I suggest you try https://securitytrails.com/dns-trails - put in your domain and then select historical data

Hopefully this will help get you back up and running.

Philip

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Transferred Domain to AWS, but lost all DNS records. Can they be recovered from GoDaddy?

Ayyyyyyeee This seems to be correct!

THANK YOU!!! Smiley Very Happy