cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dos
New

[Transfer out] Domains were not processed due to errors: Your domains must be in an eligible status.

I have been trying to transfer a domain away from GoDaddy for 2 days. I have received the GoDaddy auth code and submitted that to the receiving registrar. Now on GoDaddy I see a message saying "Transfer not started. Accept or decline. ",  I click on Accept and then see this error message:

These domains were not processed due to errors:

Domains

Your domains must be in an eligible status.

What does that mean? That is a very vague message! Any idea how I can get past that?

2 REPLIES 2
MrVapor
Super User 2020

Hey there @dos

This could be happening for a few reasons. If you just purchased the domain, you have a 60 day lock on it that won't allow any transfer from the current registrar. This is an ICANN rule and can't be circumvented.

You may also have something like a lock on the domain that prevents transfers or a privacy option. Those would need to be removed through the DNS Management portion of your account.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi, thank you for your response. Now the transfer seems to have completed without me doing anything further. That error message from GoDaddy really was useless though, far too vague. They didn't tell me what status it was in or give a reference to where I can read what the statuses mean!