cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Should I protect my domain by buying similar domains?

Hello, I have sporadically bought and sold domains quite successfully over the years.
I have never dreamed of buying domains similar to those of other companies and then hope to be contacted because it seems to me an unpleasant practice.
Anyway, I wouldn't want that to happen to me.
So yesterday I bought some domains similar to mine to avoid similar problems in the future.
If my domain is www.revenue.land I bought the various revenueland.club .online .eu and .site etcetera.
I would like to know whether this is considered to be a convenient practice or whether it basically brings no benefit.
Thank you for any answer.

RevenueLand
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Should I protect my domain by buying similar domains?

@Revenue 

I would say that it depends on your industry / what you are doing and also how specific your domain is.

There is nothing wrong with doing that.... you can do 301 redirects or just leave it at the parked page.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Should I protect my domain by buying similar domains?

@Revenue 

I would say that it depends on your industry / what you are doing and also how specific your domain is.

There is nothing wrong with doing that.... you can do 301 redirects or just leave it at the parked page.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post