cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

PARKED A Record magically appeared and parked my domain

This morning an A record magically appeared and parked my domain.

a 	@ 	PARKED 	600 seconds

We did not create this record.  This record was not there previously.  Has anyone seen this happen before and know why/how?

Is there some combination of services or changes that could trigger an event like this? 

This is a pretty serious issue.  It redirected a large amount of traffic to a go daddy page for no apparent reason.

thanks.

myles.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: PARKED A Record magically appeared and parked my domain

@gutter007 

This is typically caused by the cancellation / expiration of a service (Server / WordPress / Websites + Marketing) which was linked with the domain - GoDaddy automatically updates the IP address so that it goes to a parked page rather than a not found link

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: PARKED A Record magically appeared and parked my domain

@gutter007 

This is typically caused by the cancellation / expiration of a service (Server / WordPress / Websites + Marketing) which was linked with the domain - GoDaddy automatically updates the IP address so that it goes to a parked page rather than a not found link

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post