cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - Bombarded by Sales Calls Emails from Web Developers. What can I do better next time?

Hi all.  I just purchased a few websites from GoDaddy.  Within 24 hours, I have received over 35 sales calls and at least 2 dozen emails from web developers cold calling and wanting my business!  Can you help out a newbie understand if there is something I should do better next time to keep this from happening? 

I purchased 6 domains and Im assuming I should have purchased the "Private Domain Registration" on each...which I did not do originally. Instead I only purchased this on the primary domain.  I also assume that the developer community must be looking at new registrations and they occur as I literally started to receive calls within the hour of the GoDaddy transaction?? 

Im a businss person and I have sales teams.  I get that every business must sell its products/services.  However, I didn't expect the bombardment and Robo calls!  

2 REPLIES 2
Super User I
Super User I

Re: New Customer - Bombarded by Sales Calls Emails from Web Developers. What can I do better next t

@itsdreed wrote:

Hi all.  I just purchased a few websites from GoDaddy.  Within 24 hours, I have received over 35 sales calls and at least 2 dozen emails from web developers cold calling and wanting my business!  Can you help out a newbie understand if there is something I should do better next time to keep this from happening? 

I purchased 6 domains and Im assuming I should have purchased the "Private Domain Registration" on each...which I did not do originally. Instead I only purchased this on the primary domain.  I also assume that the developer community must be looking at new registrations and they occur as I literally started to receive calls within the hour of the GoDaddy transaction?? 

Im a businss person and I have sales teams.  I get that every business must sell its products/services.  However, I didn't expect the bombardment and Robo calls!  

@itsdreed it's not Godaddy selling your information, it's mainly data scrapers that pull your information from the public whois information. I own thousands of domains and receive calls constantly as well.

----

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I

Re: New Customer - Bombarded by Sales Calls Emails from Web Developers. What can I do better next t

@justingodfrey

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I understand and I'm not implying that its coming from GoDaddy. Instead, just asking if anyone else has a remedy to the issue?