cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Make website work without www.

I run a website on Google Cloud hosting and need some help. Whenever I try to go to it without typing www. in front of the domain name, it takes me to a page that says "this page is parked for free by GoDaddy". Since it's hosted on Google Cloud, it doesn't have an IP address, so there's nothing to put in the A record. How do I make my website work without www in front of it if it doesn't have an IP address? I created a subdomain that points to it earlier today, but it's still not working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Make website work without www.

It appears the IP address has been fixed and the redirect is now working at this time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User II

You can forward yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com

https://www.godaddy.com/help/forward-my-domain-12123

Highlighted

I already tried forwarding it to a subdomain and it still doesn't work. How long do they take to start working?

Highlighted
Super User II

It usually takes about an hour or two but can take up to 48 hours.  You can post a screenshot of your settings if you want to double check.

Highlighted

Untitled1.jpgUntitled2.jpg

Here are some screenshots of my settings. Can you figure out what's wrong from these?

Highlighted
Super User II
Solution

It appears the IP address has been fixed and the redirect is now working at this time.

View solution in original post