cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit my custom DNS?

I have deployed my wordpress under Google cloud and i can't update custom DNS in GoDaddy.
here my available DNS from Google cloud

ns-cloud-e1.googledomains.com.
ns-cloud-e2.googledomains.com.
ns-cloud-e3.googledomains.com.
ns-cloud-e4.googledomains.com.

I hit error "Invalid characters found." whenever i try to put in the NS above.
The correct value supposed to be "ns-cloud-e1.googledomains.com" or "ns-cloud-e1.googledomains.com." (with dot at the end)

3 REPLIES 3
Employee
Employee

Re: How to edit my custom DNS?

Hi @weilies

Thank you for your post. The period at the end is not necessary when assigning the Nameservers to your domain name. 

Some domain extensions have specific Nameserver rules however and the Google Nameservers may not be qualified. This would be dependent on the extension of the domain (i.e. .com, .net, .de, .it)

If the domain is a .com, as example the Nameservers should be able to set however if you continue to experience errors feel free to contact our customer support line and we will be happy to investigate the issues.

Best Wishes!

-TechFly

I am also facing the same issue. My own website "   www.MyLargeStore.com " DNS is not getting resolved. I have hosted website on google cloud. Google shared me below DNS addresses (with extra dot in the end) . However when I am trying to adding those addresses, it is showing error. Please help.

Google provided detail:

ns-cloud-d1.googledomains.com.
ns-cloud-d2.googledomains.com.
ns-cloud-d3.googledomains.com.
ns-cloud-d4.googledomains.com.

Please revert asap.Thanks.

Regard,

Nishant Verma

Mo. No. 7838034499

@nishantvermathe, Try posting the error screenshot here and see if I can help