cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

How can I recover a lost domain by a GoDaddy system issue?

Hi all!

Let me first explain the situation.

I received a notification about a month ago regarding an expiring domain. It was not on auto-renewal and I wasn't able to pay for it manually therefore I placed it on auto-renewal again and it said it will expire in 2019. 

Now I received an email that I have cancelled my domain. But hey - I didn't! Now this domain is not any more on my domains list and not even on the cancelled domains section.

Has anybody have the same problem or have heard about something similar. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Salvis.

1 REPLY 1
Super User I
Super User I

Re: How can I recover a lost domain by a GoDaddy system issue?

@salvis wrote:

Hi all!

Let me first explain the situation.

I received a notification about a month ago regarding an expiring domain. It was not on auto-renewal and I wasn't able to pay for it manually therefore I placed it on auto-renewal again and it said it will expire in 2019. 

Now I received an email that I have cancelled my domain. But hey - I didn't! Now this domain is not any more on my domains list and not even on the cancelled domains section.

Has anybody have the same problem or have heard about something similar. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Salvis.

@salvis if your auto renewal payment method was declined then they couldn't receive payment so the domain expired. I've let domains drop in the past and its almost annoying how many emails they send you so I'm not sure why you wouldn't renew it if you wanted to keep it. If no one bid on the domain in the expired auction then you may be able to pick it back up when it deletes. 

--

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I