cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hover domain with Godaddy hosting?

I bought a domain with Hover that I would like to use with my existing GoDaddy hosting account. I've added the domain name and set the name servers on Hover. I did this about a month ago and yet I'm still unable to access anything. I don't know what I'm doing wrong because I followed the steps in the GoDaddy guides for doing so. I am at a loss of what else to try, are there any steps not mentioned in the guides or can someone provide me with a super dumbed down version?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II

Re: Hover domain with Godaddy hosting?

@mightysparks wrote:

I bought a domain with Hover that I would like to use with my existing GoDaddy hosting account. I've added the domain name and set the name servers on Hover. I did this about a month ago and yet I'm still unable to access anything. I don't know what I'm doing wrong because I followed the steps in the GoDaddy guides for doing so. I am at a loss of what else to try, are there any steps not mentioned in the guides or can someone provide me with a super dumbed down version?

@mightysparks Have you added the domain name to your hosting account? https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-domains-8342

---

Highlighted

Yes, I added the domain name using that guide and then used the guide for nameservers to add those to my Hover account. But something is just not working.

Highlighted

Ok, so I've tried doing it all again to make sure I definitely followed the steps correctly.

I added the domain to GoDaddy and pointed it to a subdirectory that I've already created a Wordpress site for on my GoDaddy hosting account. I took the name servers that were listed under the domain and added it to the nameservers on Hover for that domain. Nothing has changed. When I go to the domain, this is what I get: http://experimentdiscontinued.com/

Highlighted

I have still been unable to resolve this problem. Is there no solution to this or will I just have to cancel my GoDaddy subscriptions?

Highlighted
New

Did you ever find a resolution to this? Not been very impressed with Godaddy support so far! 

Highlighted
New

In Hover you simply point:

wildcard * A record to the IP address 

@ A record to the IP address