cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

[Following up Ticket] Domain Manager is still not opening, urgent!

Hello,

There is a serious problem that is already lasting for over 2 weeks now:

The domain manager is not opening !

It has nothing to do with CACHE or BROWSER TYPE like mod stated in the previous ending of this thread, its status is set to solved, but it is not solved at all and it is a major issue.

GD inform your developers, this is an internal bug of the system that needs to be solved ASAP.

10 REPLIES 10
Super User II
Super User II

Re: [Following up Ticket] Domain Manager is still not opening, urgent!

@managedomains wrote:

Hello,

There is a serious problem that is already lasting for over 2 weeks now:

The domain manager is not opening !

It has nothing to do with CACHE or BROWSER TYPE like mod stated in the previous ending of this thread, its status is set to solved, but it is not solved at all and it is a major issue.

GD inform your developers, this is an internal bug of the system that needs to be solved ASAP.

@managedomains I'm assuming this is an issue with your browser, if I can open the domain manager then you would be able to open the domain manager. Have you tried the direct link: https://dcc.godaddy.com/

----

I wish it was a problem with my browser, but the fact that it is not working in any of the major browsers + more people have already reported this issue tells us there is more going on than a simple compatible browser or cache problem. I have a technical background and I assure you something is off currently. See the picture that I uploaded as an attachment.

ManagingDomainIssue.png

Solution

Hey @managedomains,

I'm really sorry to hear about your recent experience with the Domain Manager interface. Often this issue is related to browser incompatibility.

When that occurs, we always recommended that you start by clearing your browser cache and/or cookie settings first. If you have any third party plug-ins in your browser, you might also try disabling these temporarily to see if this helps. You may also need to try using another internet browser if the issue persists. I understand you've already attempted some of these recommendations. 

In more extreme cases the issue can sometimes be due to the local system or network you are connecting from. In those instances, the only way to be sure is to try connecting from a different device and/or network to confirm. If you're using any anti-virus or firewall hardware/applications on your network, I would suggest reviewing their settings to be sure they are configured to allow full access to our network when attempting to connect to the manager. 

If all of these suggestions have been followed and the error is continuing, then the last recourse is to contact our live support teams by phone or chat so additional information can be gathered for investigation. Unfortunately, we have no system alerts on our network indicating an issue with accessing this section of customer accounts. If such an alert was on our status page,a majority of our customers (such as @justingodfrey) would be affected. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I am having the same exact problem since begining of May. I am able to use the domain manager on my android phone (Chrome), but on my computer it is not working.

I am on Windows 10/64bit and noticed the problem in Chrome initially. I installed Firefox, and the same problem occoured. 

I spoke to "Chat Support" and we went through the normal routine of deleting cache, cookies and what not. I did a complete uninstall (including deleting remaining files and registry traces of both Chrome and Firefox) followed by a new install. Still not working. The loading screen is stuck.

As a last resort I tried installing newest version of Edge/Internet Explorer. Still not working.

I installed Oracle Virtualbox and installed linuxmint-18.3-cinnamon-64bit on a virtual machine. And guess what, it is still not working.

Chat support were asking technicians left and right about this, and they suggested it might be a network problem. I rebooted my router and fibermodem. Still not working.

I disabled my cabled network adapter, and connected to a Wi-Fi Hotspot running on my mobile. This allowed me to try a completely different internet connection through mobile 4G network. Still not working.

Been searching on Google left and right and I see multiple threads on these forums with the same problem. Many have been marked "SOLVED", but no solution have been posted... which is kind of priceless.

At this point I am thinking the solution is to find another registrar for the domains I need to manage. I run several servers and domain changes are done multiple times a month.

I've been doing computers since 1996 and work with them daily. I'm not a fool when it comes to problems like this, but I've pretty much tried everything and at this point I am convinced the problems is located at Godaddy somewhere.

I'll add that I am located in Norway, and my browsers defaults to the Norwegian version of Godaddy. If that is relevant or not, I don't know. I've tried logging out, changing language, and log back in. Its not working either.

I set up a OpenVPN on a server of mine located in Rotterdam, Netherlands. I am immediately greeted by the NL version of Godaddy, and I try to log in and go to "manage" one of my domains. Still not working.

I invited the Chat support to do a TeamViewer -session and have a look, but he declined.

I'm completely lost, and so are GoDaddy (obviously).

I just called GD support because I want to move out my domains also. Even though I fully identified myself with PIN etc, they say they are not allowed to unlock my domains. What now support?

Edit: I was able to open the manager by using a workaround, try an iPhone and then use the Safari browser.

New
Solution

I also had the same problem for the last 2 weeks. Tried different browsers, cleared cookies/cache etc. Nothing worked.

I then tried a different DNS server and finally it worked. This DNS server worked for me:

Found on this page:

https://www.quora.com/Which-public-DNS-is-best-for-India?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_rich_q...

Actions required after changing DNS server:

1)Clear browser cache (I used  ccleaner)

2)Clear windows DNS cache by running this command in cmd.exe:

ipconfig /flushdns

Now "DNS Management" opens up in both IE11 and Vivaldi (chrome based browser)

I'm using the Google dns servers.. If this is the cause, well.. I'm sure many users use Google DNS ..

New

Google DNS server (8.8.8.8) didn't work for me also. Did you try the DNS server I mentioned in my previous post?

I just logged in now using my "regular DNS" (the one supplied from DHCP) and the problem is still not fixed. Just getting the "spinning wheel" in "domain manger" page.. Looks like some angular code on one of godaddys servers haven't been updated properly or whatever..

Yeah it works with that one. Who is in error here? Godaddy or Google? Or are there other people with issues that are NOT using the google dns servers?

I was using my ISP (largest provider in Norway) DNS servers. My Virtualbox attempt was done with Google DNS servers. I also tried hotspot Wi-Fi from my mobile carrier.

If this is Google DNS related then I have to wonder how GoDaddy isn't compatible with one of the most common DNS resolvers out there. It's viable but I find it hard to believe.

I'm no longer with GoDaddy and unable to replicate the issue with different DNS resolvers.

However, I want to add that (in hopes a GoDaddy technician reads this) the GoDaddy website in general is sluggish and not very efficient to work with. There are multiple redirects based on geolocation, often resulting in errors and 404/not found. These forums are impossible to read with the no.godaddy.com country subdomain (which anyone from Norway defaults to). To reply to the forums I have to manually change the language to United States/English, otherwise any attempt to interact with replies/user account defaults into a 404.

Everything adds up to a poor user experience (for me personally).