cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Facebook groups

I am trying to post a post in some facebook groups using my go daddy domain name and forwarding to my page and I have even masked the fwd address but when I try to post it tells me it is against facebooks community standards and they can not post it and it seems to know the masked address and is kicking it out. Not sure what more I can do?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User II

@cgbusch 

Have you looked at any Facebook supporting documentation or looked for guides on how to get around it? I don't think there'll be a lot GoDaddy can do in this situation. It sounds like a Facebook-specific rule.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Hi @cgbusch,

Welcome to the Community!

We've seen this is definitely not a GoDaddy issue on the domain. However, Facebook may not be crazy about the masking for your forward, and not able to render it sufficiently. Try to forward without the masking applied to see if it's accepted. In addition, if your domain/URL is being blocked by Facebook, you'll need to confirm that you're in compliance with their guidelines for displaying content from domains. You can use the following URL to test your domain, and to reach out to Facebook.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II

@cgbusch 

Have you looked at any Facebook supporting documentation or looked for guides on how to get around it? I don't think there'll be a lot GoDaddy can do in this situation. It sounds like a Facebook-specific rule.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @cgbusch,

Welcome to the Community!

We've seen this is definitely not a GoDaddy issue on the domain. However, Facebook may not be crazy about the masking for your forward, and not able to render it sufficiently. Try to forward without the masking applied to see if it's accepted. In addition, if your domain/URL is being blocked by Facebook, you'll need to confirm that you're in compliance with their guidelines for displaying content from domains. You can use the following URL to test your domain, and to reach out to Facebook.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support