cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

External nameservers with IP

I've purchased a domain through GoDaddy and want to point the nameservers to my server.

I have a DNS zone setup at my VPS with custom nameservers relating to the website in question (ns1.[domain].com. and ns2.[domain].com.)

In the past with other registrars, I have been able to put in a hostname and IP address to point to, but I can't see a way to add an IP under the nameservers section, and so the DNS lookups keep failing.

Is there a way to add an IP address to the external nameserver in question? How would I go about this?

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: External nameservers with IP

Hi @Prisoner00001. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! You probably need to register the nameserver hosts (NS1|NS2). Doing that should give you the ability to specify the custom nameservers for your domain. This article explains how to do this. Hope that helps. If not, feel free to provide more information. Others in the community may be able to provide you with additional suggestions.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.