cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain auction doesn't appear

I can't believe how poor GoDaddy's customer service is. I used the buy now feature on a GoDaddy auction to buy a non expiring domain for £900.

After several days of waiting for this to appear in my account, I called customer services. I was told it takes between 5 and 21 days and to just wait until it was there. They said the auction was 'assured' and there was no chance I wouldn't receive the domain, it was just waiting for the ICANN process. 

The forums said I should need to contact the seller, but this option was not available. I contacted GoDaddy again via live chat and was told it would take 15 days but that the reason the contact seller button wasn't available was because it was an assured transaction. 

After 15 days I called again and was told that it would take up to 21 days. They again told me that it was an assured transaction and I had nothing to worry about. I asked if there was any reason that I wouldn't have the domain available after 21 days and they said there was none. They said they would raise an escalation with their team to ensure it was available by the 21st day. 

I've called up again on day 22 only to find out there is apparently no such thing as an assured auction and there is no 21 day limit. Apparently the last promised escalation did not happen and all they can do is raise another escalation to tell the seller to transfer the domain. If the seller doesn't transfer, they will refund me the money. 

I've delayed launching my business based on assurances that there was no chance I wouldn't receive the domain. I'm absolutely shocked that service could be this bad. It would seem GoDaddy staff have wilfully lied to me at every point. 

So what the hell is happening with my domain? What can I do? Is there a way to actually talk to someone who knows what they are talking about? 

2 REPLIES 2
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Domain auction doesn't appear

@stevenberry wrote:

I can't believe how poor GoDaddy's customer service is. I used the buy now feature on a GoDaddy auction to buy a non expiring domain for £900.

After several days of waiting for this to appear in my account, I called customer services. I was told it takes between 5 and 21 days and to just wait until it was there. They said the auction was 'assured' and there was no chance I wouldn't receive the domain, it was just waiting for the ICANN process. 

The forums said I should need to contact the seller, but this option was not available. I contacted GoDaddy again via live chat and was told it would take 15 days but that the reason the contact seller button wasn't available was because it was an assured transaction. 

After 15 days I called again and was told that it would take up to 21 days. They again told me that it was an assured transaction and I had nothing to worry about. I asked if there was any reason that I wouldn't have the domain available after 21 days and they said there was none. They said they would raise an escalation with their team to ensure it was available by the 21st day. 

I've called up again on day 22 only to find out there is apparently no such thing as an assured auction and there is no 21 day limit. Apparently the last promised escalation did not happen and all they can do is raise another escalation to tell the seller to transfer the domain. If the seller doesn't transfer, they will refund me the money. 

I've delayed launching my business based on assurances that there was no chance I wouldn't receive the domain. I'm absolutely shocked that service could be this bad. It would seem GoDaddy staff have wilfully lied to me at every point. 

So what the hell is happening with my domain? What can I do? Is there a way to actually talk to someone who knows what they are talking about? 

@stevenberry  It seems that this was a domain that was listed that is currently not held at Godaddy. These can be a pain. In your auction account go to "won" and what does it say under "status"? Typically the process is you make the payment, they verify the funds which takes 6-7 days then they notify the buyer to initiate the transfer to Godaddy. You may be able to contact the seller in your "won" panel as well. You should also email auctions@godaddy.com for an update.

----

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I

Re: Domain auction doesn't appear

They told me it's an 'assured transaction' from another GoDaddy user, which is why I can't email the seller directly. The funds were verified April 16.