cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Changing Primary domain name Problem pleaase

I get this message "There was an error with changing your domain. Please try again later." when I try and change my primary domain name. I go thru my host to cpanel admin and then I go to my account and try to change it there.

2018-11-26_134913.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Changing Primary domain name Problem pleaase

Hello there,

Sounds like there may be a process getting stuck on the server side. Best way to handle this is to give the support line a call.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

thx but i can't find number to call from Morroco

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @probook4540sssOften issues like this are caused either by browser caching or a conflict with a browser plugin/extension. I'd suggest first clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesn't help, then try using a cacheless browsing window (FireFox private window, Chrome incognito, etc.), then an entirely different browser. If that also doesn't work, you'll want to try to connect with support. We do not have a number in Morocco, but you can dial any of the numbers listed here for 24/7 support. If you don't wish to call, you can reach out to our chat support team. They are available Monday - Friday, 5 am to 6 pm (UTC/GMT -7) on the United States - English version of our Help page. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

sir the problem still i use many browser  i delete caching same problem i"m from morroco i can"'t make call i don't know why godaddy support don't help members maybe i will change godaddy

Solution

Hi,
I know this is a bit old question but I hope it still helps who stepped here for some solution(like me).
I had the same problem while changing Primary domain.
Here it is how I solved it.
Just make sure that the domain you want to set as primary is not already added as an "addon domain" or as "alias domain".
Thanks