cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Cannot turn off auto renew for my domains?

After follow the 

https://www.godaddy.com/help/turn-off-auto-renew-20008

steps to turn of the auto renew for the domains, it seems ok after the steps. But when I refresh the domain infos, the auto-renew info still appear. I try other methods to turn off the auto-renew, but failed many times.

9 REPLIES 9
New

it Re: Cannot turn off auto renew for my domains?

now after I click the "cancel renew", it appears:

Oops, you failed to set Auto Renew on these products.:.NET Domain Name Registration - 1 Year (recurring) - ...
Auto-Renew setting could not be changed for one or more product(s). Please try again or contact customer support if this issue continues.

Solution

Re: it Re: Cannot turn off auto renew for my domains?

Hi @gary7

You may also turn off the auto-renew for a domain from within the Domain Manager. 

1. Log in to your Account Manager and click on Your Name at the top right of our home page, then click "Manage Your Domains" that appears in the left column under "Quick Links".
2. Click directly on the domain name.
3. Scroll down to the "Additional Settings" area.
4. If Auto-Renew is on, click the link on the right that reads "Cancel Domain on [expiration date shows here]"

5. This will allow the domain to expire at the end of it's paid registration.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
New

FYI - I now cancel all my godaddy accounts (30+) because their auto renew default policy STINKS.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @sjt. Sorry to hear you're thinking about leaving. Just so you know, you can actually create a buyer profile which will let you change your default automatic renewal settings. This won't work for domains that use Protected Registration, but it should work for all others. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I've had private registration AND manual renewal all these years.  What is the REASON why we are being bullied into auto-renew this year?  I do not want auto-renew.   Between this issue and rising prices I am not a happy customer.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @1customer. Thanks for posting. I'm not sure what you mean. You shouldn't be required to have automatic renewal enabled just because you have Private Registration. That would only be the case if you have Protected Registration. If you don't have that, and your domain is active, then you can change automatic renewal settings any time. If you have any trouble, please contact our customer care team so they can take a look. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I was flashed a warning that one of my domains (which I took to be the one with private registration) was preventing the turn-off of auto renew.  I can't tell you how bullied by GoDaddy that I felt/am feeling.  I am sure I am not alone, judging by the copious amount of queries returned by a google search on this matter. 

I just checked my receipt and I do have "private" registration, not "protected" registration. I am not familar with the latter. ..and the software notice DID say that one of my domains WAS preventing turning off auto renewal. Private and Protected sounds the same, and after checking the directions you linked me to,   "cancel renewal" is not very clear either!  A normal person who had just renewed, such as myself, would take that as cancelling the transaction that had just taken place!  We do know there are no refunds, so one would be leery of hitting that.  Otherwise, one would think the button would read "cancel AUTO renewal".  It seems to me that all this ambiguity is quite purposeful here at GoDaddy.  Now that you have made it clear...and I thank you for that....I will go do it.

New

I have done exactly as instructed. The domain still shows auto-renew. This is really awful. I have manually renewed the domain I want to keep. I will wait 60 days then transfer it to a new registrar. I will then instruct my bank to refuse all future payments to godaddy before the remaining domains renew. Problem solved. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Urk. Sorry to hear you're thinking about leaving. Other than what has been outlined above, I don't know of any service that would prevent you from disabling renewals. You may want to try clearing your browser cache since that could cause an issue as well.