cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

An Unexpected Error Occurred. If This Issue Continues, Contact Support.

An Unexpected Error Occurred. If This Issue Continues, Contact Support.

I keep getting this error, and I believe I have everything perfect. Please HELP!!!

34 REPLIES 34

Re: An Unexpected Error Occurred. If This Issue Continues, Contact Support.

Welcome to GoDaddy. They simply don't care that you have problems.

Hey @milosmns,

That's not true, we do care. If you're encountering a specific error then you're welcome to start topic with more details of the issue so any member here can help suggest a solution. If it's an account specific issue, our live support is available via phone or chat to directly assist you as well. 

Hey @MaxPlayzYT,

If that's an error message being generated within your domain manager after applying a change to your DNS settings, this could be an account specific issue our support team would need to look into. Let us know if you call in to get this worked out. 

Otherwise, perhaps you could give more details what changes you were trying to make and to what type of domain? It's possible the change is restricted by the domain TLD you're trying to apply it to. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Helper V

For you and everyone else that might have this problem, you need to provide more information. Something that is critical is what you did to get the message. Is this in GoDaddy or is this when you try to go to your site? Did you do as instructed in the message? Did you contact support?

New

I too am having this issue now. I went in to update title, description and keywords on domain. When I hit save, I get that same message. I have tried in two different browsers Chrome and IE and same thing. I called in twice and I had to tell the customer service representative all of my information over the phone and he was able to save it. When I went back in to look at the information he put in, I was not satisfied with it because there was no capitalization in the grammar for title and description. Smh.... Whats going on? Why can I and others not save our information on our end?

same thing happening to me for all my domains. can't add any record. keep getting this vague error. I don't want to waste time calling in. GoDaddy sucks. I need to switch hosting providers.

I get the same issue when I try to add any DNS record to my domain: "An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support."

Calling in to get the record added is NOT a solution, is it being investigated what is happening?

Thanks

I'm trying to add a CNAME record to our domain andovar.com and have been getting this message for two days.

Hi @Bangkokdan@MaxPlayzYT@kvancoil@jw2016

At this point, since access to your account via community forums is limited, please reach out to our support team to report/troubleshoot this issue and provide exact details of how we can try and duplicate. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
New

I'm not sure how old this thread is because presently (October 2016) GoDaddy doesn't put time stamps on any of these replies. So my apologies if I'm reviving a thread from the mid-90s that nobody cares about anymore.

I got this same error message when I tried to add CNAME records to my domain. But then I noticed that the CNAME records were actually being added in spite of the error message. I just did a refresh on the page and there they were.

I am having the same problem, trying to delete an  MX type as it is stopping me from getting emails.

Can anybody help,

PLEASE 

New

Hi : I faced the same problem while adding a TXT Record to setup the DKIM - DomainKeys Identified Mail from my mail provider. I need to know what is the problem and how to resolve it. Currently all Chat agents are offline and can't get thru them.

Please help.

New

Having the same issue trying to add an AAAA record.. Please help

Hello CG!

im having the same problem as milosmsn about two months ago, so when Im trying to add additional DNS records( TXT, CNAME) to my .com domain it gives me the same error as mentioned. Hasent this problem been fixed and what can I do about it. Would realy appreciate if you could answer as quickly as possible since I would like to get my website up and working as soon as possible. Support chat is always ofline, calling to South Africa from Europe would be expensive. Your suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

New

It would be awesome if someone who has solved this can post the solution

Unable to add CNAME for instapage ("An unexpected error occurred")

Hi team,

FYI - This issue may be due to me being unable to provide my ABN for my .com.au domain. However, I am using my .com domain for this, so I don't see why it would be affected...Regardless, if you could confirm one way or another it would be great. And my ABN should be provided within the next week if so 🙂

Issue: "An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support." when trying to add a CNAME entry. I am following this guide here: https://help.instapage.com/hc/en-us/articles/206035447-GoDaddy-godaddy-com- 

Could you please advise my next action? The error message is not much to go on.

Peripheral to this request: May I suggest that the error message at the very least provides a link to the forum and contact details? It just seems dismissive, non-illuminating and a dead end to just have "unexpected error, contact support". If it were "unexpected error - please contact support at AAAA or BBBB and we will assist you in resolving this issue" it would appear far more user friendly and less frustrating. 

Many thanks for your help!

Solution

Greetings all,

This is a general error that can mean several things, but usually means some form of communications interruption has occurred during or immediately after the requested action. It can't be more specific, as it is no longer communicating with the provider of the intended action.

The suggested approach for resolving it is:

1) Back out from the update, refresh and see if the action actually did take effect.

2) If it did not take effect, attempt it again (sometimes using a different browser or system helps).

3) If 1 or 2 don't help resolve the issue, contact support for specifics.

I realize that we are not covering the entire globe with chat and phone numbers (yet) but we do have a substantial list of international phone numbers (see the link under my name).

On a personal note, I've traveled to some of the most remote places that still exist and I've found that by using an IP phone or calling card you may be able to reduce your costs significantly.

I hope this helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

New

(Applying DNS Template) An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support.

Hi,

I added three domains to my Off-Site DNS and when I try to apply a DNS Template to any of them I receive the following error message "An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support.".

It has been like that for more than 48 hours now.

Thanks,

Sameh

New

Re: (Applying DNS Template) An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support.

Same here – just tried adding a TXT record and get "an unexpected error occurred, if this continues contact support "

Is this a known problem?

Re: (Applying DNS Template) An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support.

This is Phillip Wilson and I have run across this problem not understanding what it really is.  Can you help me resolve this DNS problem in my Domains?

New

So, you just merged my post with some other inactive topic?

I'm still receiving the same error and I added 6 more domains to my Off-Site and I still can't apply a template to any of them!

There has been an unexpected error in the application. If you continue to experience this issue, please contact customer support.

This is what I get when trying to log in to manage my webpage. I just started a new business and am still tweaking my site. It would be good to be able to access the site I'm paying for.
Also, I can't even log in to GoDaddy sometimes. Like from the main page. I enter my username and password but when I hit submit it refreshes the page and stays on the login page with my username still written and the password line blank.

@jkcapp09 wrote:
There has been an unexpected error in the application. If you continue to experience this issue, please contact customer support.

This is what I get when trying to log in to manage my webpage. I just started a new business and am still tweaking my site. It would be good to be able to access the site I'm paying for.
Also, I can't even log in to GoDaddy sometimes. Like from the main page. I enter my username and password but when I hit submit it refreshes the page and stays on the login page with my username still written and the password line blank.

This is exactly what I'm experiencing right now.

UPDATE: I'm not sure what's causing the error, but I have found a work around. Instead of clicking on "Manage" Domains (which requests logging in again and then gives the error), I click on "GOCENTRAL/WEBSITE BUILDER/INSTAPAGES" link and it launches Website Builder just fine.

An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support.

Hi I can't delete the Temporary Forwarding for my domain I got msg 'An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support.' thank you

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support.

Hi @roygallardo. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I'm not sure why that would be happening. I would suggest clearing your browser cache and cookies to see if that helps. If not, then you should definitely get in touch with our support team so they can take a closer look. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I get the same issue and clearing cache/cookies did nothing.

Pls help me. I tried paying for domain listing .at the point of completing my payment, an error message occurred saying my payment is being processed in the United States and I should check my payment information. This did not happen three weeks ago when I purchased the domain. It's an expired domain I purchased with the intention of selling it. I am in Nigeria and I don't understand the error message. Thanks
New

I'm getting the same error too... Any way to resolve this?

The suggested approach for resolving it is:

1) Back out from the update, refresh and see if the action actually did take effect.

2) If it did not take effect, attempt it again (sometimes using a different browser or system helps).

This worked for me.

GoDaddy you could save a lot of pain by putting a more descriptive error message here.

New

Having the same issue. Called Godday on the 25th of Sep 2017 and was on hold for more than 1hour without anybody attending to me. And still trying to get to them. Hope the answer soon.......

@JesseW wrote:

Hi @roygallardo. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I'm not sure why that would be happening. I would suggest clearing your browser cache and cookies to see if that helps. If not, then you should definitely get in touch with our support team so they can take a closer look. 

I would have to question the security of the service if you are storing my domain name forwarding information in my local cache. You would think something like that would reload from the service every time. I have this issue with trying to update my forwarding. Now I have to question if I really want to use this computer.

I wish GoDaddy shared solutions, but I fixed this issue by giving the domain, very temporary, custom name servers, which overwrote the previous forwarding settings that were producing this glitch. Next I re-submitted the forwarding settings, making sure everything is correct before submitting them. 😉

New

I had the same problem which was solved by tech support.

They removed some of my forwarding and it worked. Specifically, they took out three A records which weren't necessary and the additional CNAME worked.

It appears that there's  glitch when too many items are in the list - the page under DNS Management titled Records such as 

A

CNAME

MX

NS

.....etc.

New

Hi,

I've tried to add an A record of www to point to a certain IP and this error came up,

An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support.

Can you please help?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @recd. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Please see the solution marked above. Essentially, this is probably a temporary issue. You can try clearing your cache or try using a different browser. If that doesn't work, then it could be that you're trying to change a record that can not be changed. If you need help determining this, please connect with our customer care team. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.