• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

images are not displaying - cdn

Hello, am working with a theme but the images were not displaying on some parts of the website because as the theme maker said:

" Issues happen because your images are not on the same server as your website. This causes a function to break since it is trying to get the image, process it and then forward it to the theme. But it is unable to do it since it doesn’t have permissions to work with images on another server.

Your images have been pulled from this location:
    http://secureservercdn.net/45.40.150.81/pzu.311.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/cropped_1... 

Please ask your hosting provider can images be kept in the same place (they need to be in the wordpress folder). That would resolve everything without having to alter the code. "

so how can I keep the images in the same server as the website? or is there an easy way to alter the code and make it take the images from that server?

thanks, I appreciate it.

1 REPLY 1
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: images are not displaying - cdn

@Hejji2h 

Okay, so whoever you contacted has no concept of how CDN's work. A CDN simply pulls from a central location and then distributes "copies" of the website information to servers worldwide so the site pulls up fast no matter where you are in the world. 

You'll notice that the file directory ends in /wp-content/uploads/2019/04/. This is your WP installation. These are where you uploaded your images to the server. 

My two suggestions are clearing the cache on the CDN, because you're using Website Security from GoDaddy based on the look of it or getting a better theme that has better support who understand how the internet works.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community