• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Redirecting to a local WordPress folder but exempting a local web service

Hello,

Let's say I have a domain, example.com (not the actual domain name, but it will do to explain my point). This is under Windows / Plesk hosting here on GoDaddy.

Now, I installed WordPress using the GoDaddy automated installer, so that WordPress is under example.com/wordpress and I want to set up a redirect so that any time anyone goes to example.com, they end up at example.com/wordpress.

Normally, on a Linux / PHP server, I would do this using a .htaccess file, I know that much. But I have no idea how to do it on a Windows server.

However, there is a caveat. I also have a web service set-up under example.com/webservice which I don't want to have affected by this redirect.

In other words, if someone goes to example.com, they should end up at example.com/wordpress, but if they go to example.com/webservice/service.svc then they should still end up at example.com/webservice/service.svc as usual.

I don't expect it to be as simple as using a .htaccess file on a PHP server, but I'm sure it can't be too complicated - I just don't know where to start. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike