• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How do I stop using Wordpress and use the files I create myself?

I want to stop using Wordpress to manage my site and instead use files I create myself. How would I go about doing that? I don't want to use a separate domain for a switch. Just stop using Wordpress then upload files. I know I'll lose my data on Wordpress pages but that is okay. I'm going to completely redo the site. Just with my own HTML files.

I want to make sure that once my Wordpress auto renew is stopped I can upload files via FTP and the old data won't be in the way.

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Stop using Wordpress

Hey there @looney545,

If you're currently on the Managed WordPress hosting platform, you'd need to change over to cPanel Linux Hosting. From there, you could upload HTML files with no issue and design your website the way you like. 

I would give support a call because you may be able to roll over the time you currently have left in your current to the new one and save yourself a bit of money. Note that being able to rollover your time is based on policy, so they may not be able to do it. Best bet is to just talk to a customer rep and find out.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community