• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

EMPTY CART: 30sec cache issue on Cart

Hi there,

On our store site (quinnbeautyspa.co.nz) I've just noticed in the last two days, a cache is being applied to the cart page of about 30 seconds. You add a product to the cart, and if you don't wait about 30 seconds before viewing the cart, you arrive to find the cart empty. If you wait, the product is there. 

I don't have any caching plugins, and use the Artbees Jupiter theme (I've checked, it's not the theme). How do I fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: EMPTY CART: 30sec cache issue on Cart

Come on guys, please take a look...

Solution

For those looking, the problem was weirdly a Google Analytics/Tag Manager issue.

The property analytics had become corrupted somewhere. The solution was to create a fresh Analytics property and tag manager container and start again. A big bummer in terms of data collection, but we can still compare the new data to the old manually.

Hello. we've got the same issue happening at https://www.vancouversymphony.org. Shoppers place an item in the cart and then check the cart to checkout only to receive a message saying shopping cart is empty. Was a solution found on this one? Using WooCommerce on our site. 

Hi there, Looks like you do have the same issue (just checked your site).

Unfortunately, the root of the issue was that the Google Analytics and Tag Manager data had become corrupted for us. So try disabling both Google Analytics or Tag Manager plugins if you have either running on your site (You should have one or the other, not both). Check the cart, and if that solves it.

If it does work, it means Analytics has gone a little wack. It just happens sometimes. The solution is to create a fresh Analytics property and tag manager container and start again.