• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Cant install plugins/ internal server error/ need help!

Hello,

I have been trying everything for days to figure this out.

First day I purchased my hosting and domain I couldn't upload my template. I had a few older templates and they would install the template but then the plugins wouldnt fully install and kept returning the 500 server error.   I contacted godaddy and they said they had an update and that there servers maybe down.

I waited another day and still had the same trouble. I contacted godaddy again and they said it was my template and I needed to contact the creators. I did and they redirected me to the being a problem with my hosting. I have now tried about 4 different templates paid and not paid and none of them will fully install theplug-ins which are needed for the templates to run.

I was going to try and increase memory through the sftp and it won't connect. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

1 REPLY 1
    Solution

Re: Cant install plugins/ internal server error/ need help!

What kind of hosting do you have? 

Can you upload and activate themes from within WordPress that don't require you to upload from your computer? Go to themes > add new > and install a theme from the WordPress repository. If this works, this means the hosting/wordpress can take theme installs, and narrows the issue down to the uploaded theme. If you cannot install from that repository, I would reinstall wordpress on the server, or reset the hosting entirely. Then upload the theme first and see if it works. If not, at that point I would call hosting support at GoDaddy and have them verify the server is responding appropriately. 

All the best, 

Benjamin Howell