cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

godaddy 507 and 503 server errors

Is anyone else in Florida getting 503 & 507 Godaddy server errors on their dedicated hosting?

I have been having issues since Monday and they are not being addressed by the poor godaddy support, what is causing this issue?

Jay
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Everyone. I just wanted to see if I could clear up what may be happening. First, both 503 and 507 errors are usually caused by RAM limitations. For 503 errors specifically, take a look at this post for more information. 507 errors are usually only seen on our Business Hosting or VPS and Dedicated Server accounts. It means that the physical memory for the server is exhausted. For example, if you have 2 GB of memory on such a plan, that has to run cPanel, mySQL, HDD operations, and your website. If any combination of those elements uses up the RAM, then you'll see a 507 error.

More often than not, the issue driving either of these errors is the content of the website. In a very small percentage of cases, these errors can be caused by PHP processes that can't be ended easily (sometimes referred to as zombie processes). Support would usually check for this if you contact our hosting team. If they checked for that and there are no processes present, then the issue would be in the way the website is using resources. That's when we would usually suggest contracting a web developer or using our WPPS service (for WordPress sites). 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I started having the same error after I did a jetpack update on Wordpress. I called support. Basically they told me on my own unless I want to pay for the help/fix/service. I had them do a restore of files and database from yesterday, I partially got my site back. GoDaddy has gone downhill. Going to begin to shop for another host.

Yes, they never wanna help u fix anything unless they can make a buck on it.  Their wordpress fixer service is an outrageously high price.  All they told me was that it was a resource issue and after i upgraded the same problems existed, so that was a big waste of my money & didnt fix the issue! Beware of Godaddy 503 & 507 server issues because you will get no help if they start appearing on your site and Godaddy doesnt care if they get fixed or not!

Jay

thought am the only one experiencing this issue. my website is now showing 507 insufficient storage and 503 service unavailable. They told me i need to upgrade my hosting plan which i did but this errors was still popping out. first they said its my wordpress core file, my wordpress core files is fine with no errors. after that they said i need to upgrade to another hosting. All i will do now is backup my files and move to better hosting company. Godaddy sucks. They expect me to pay close to $100 after spending a whole lot of money in upgrading three of their hosting plan in 2 days.

It baffles me to see that every comment on this post appears to be overlooked and the same story I was told by Godaddy Support (to upgrade, upgrade, upgrade) since when I was using Managed Wordpress till now that I've upgraded to CPanel Business Hosting, is being told to every other user.

GoDaddy please look into your solution. Apparently upgrading is only increasing money going to your pocket and increasing dissatisfied customers. Watch it! The churn will not be funny.

Thanks.

I'm getting the error too and i have called more than five times in two days and they keep telling me to upgrade after I upgraded twice. Godaddy suck. Moving to another hosting 

Their godaddy Securi team sucks HARDCORE too!!! I was down for 5 days without any support from them whatsoever and had to call back over and over AGAIN BECAUSE NOTHING GOT DONE.  TIRED OF THE GODADDY LIES, SLOW SERVER SPEEDS, HIGH COST AND POOR SERVICE!!!

THEY ARE OWED BY AMAZON NOW, AND OBVIOUSLY NO ONE CARES NOW.  IT'S ALL JUST ABOUT CORPORATE GREED, THE CUSTOMER HAS BEEN FORGOTTEN!!! Godaddy sucks eggs!!!

WARNING:  I HAVE UPGRADED 4 TIMES IN TWO YEARS.  DON'T BELIEVE THE LIES, JUST MIGRATE TO SITEGROUND & CUT TIES WITH THESE GAMERS.

Jay

IT IS THE JETPACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAD SAME PROBLEM AND REMOVING JETPACK SOLVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone. I just wanted to see if I could clear up what may be happening. First, both 503 and 507 errors are usually caused by RAM limitations. For 503 errors specifically, take a look at this post for more information. 507 errors are usually only seen on our Business Hosting or VPS and Dedicated Server accounts. It means that the physical memory for the server is exhausted. For example, if you have 2 GB of memory on such a plan, that has to run cPanel, mySQL, HDD operations, and your website. If any combination of those elements uses up the RAM, then you'll see a 507 error.

More often than not, the issue driving either of these errors is the content of the website. In a very small percentage of cases, these errors can be caused by PHP processes that can't be ended easily (sometimes referred to as zombie processes). Support would usually check for this if you contact our hosting team. If they checked for that and there are no processes present, then the issue would be in the way the website is using resources. That's when we would usually suggest contracting a web developer or using our WPPS service (for WordPress sites). 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post