cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Where is php5_6?

When I ssh into my shared hosting server (I believe this is a "classic" shared hosting server), I don't seem to be able to find a binary for running php5_6.  My only options are /usr/local/php5/bin/php which is v5.2.17 and /usr/local/php5_3/bin/php which is 5.3.24.  This seems a bit odd since my choices for PHP from the management panel (and what is actually run when accessing the server via http) are 5.4 and 5.6.  Where should I be looking for these binaries?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Where is php5_6?

Hi @kevinaangstadt. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! The version you're seeing in SSH is specific to the SSH server you're connecting to, which isn't quite the same as the hosting account due to the way our infrastructure is set up. The path for PHP 5.6 should be in the same format as for other versions. You should be able to get to it at /usr/local/php5_6. Hope that helps.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I appreciate the help, @JesseW; however, it appears that the server I can ssh into only has /usr/local/php5_3 (there is no /usr/local/php5_6).  What should I do in this situation?  Thanks!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@kevinaangstadt - I'd make sure that the hosting account is set to use PHP 5.6 in its settings. If it is but you're still not able to reference it in your script, then you may want to connect with our hosting support team so they can make sure there are no issues with the hosting plan. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.