cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

There was an error talking to the API, please try again later.

When I am trying to open Hosting > Files & FTP > File Manager,  I am receiving the error message "There was an error talking to the API, please try again later."  

Do anyone else have this problem?

Appreciate your help.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: There was an error talking to the API, please try again later.

I'm getting the same thing. 

I get the exact same message, haven't been able to upload to my site for a week and a half.

Here's what I have tried to troubleshoot:

Used different browsers - Firefox and Chrome (both fully up to date)

Tried to upload from a different computer - no luck

Cycled power on my router

flushed the dns cache on my computer

deleted ALL browsing history from my browser including ALL cookies

checked my file size (32MB which is about typical for my uploads for the past 5 years)

changed my godaddy password

No luck in any way shape of form, still get the "error talking to the API" message. I think the problem is on godaddys end and I wish it would get resolved. I need to get my site updated.

Hey @JohnB981@GVV@sheapsd,

Sorry to hear each of you have been encountering this error with the File Manager interface. Just confirmed there was a brief alert of this issue earlier this morning on a few servers but our hosting teams were able to identify and resolve the issue. 

If you're still encountering this issue from your end now, you'll need to reach out to our live support so they can further investigate as it would indicate another issue not related to the alert this morning. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

It still wasn't working yesterday afternoon, but it looks like somebody went in and fixed it overnight. Everything is working great this morning and I finally got my site updated. Thanks!

Hi - This issue has been occurring throughout the day. Please check and see if there are issues on your end. 

help

Hosting > Files & FTP > File Manager,  I am receiving the error message "There was an error talking to the API, please try again later."