cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal questions

Hi all

Would really appreciate someone’s help and advice on a few questions I have. Please bear with me as I have no idea what I am talking about!

I purchased the website builder, office 365 email & domain name last year for under £40. My renewal price is over three times that. I have a very small website for a small business I have.

1) How easy is it to transfer to another host if you have used Go daddy’s website builder? Would I need to start again with a new builder then find a host?

2) my email matches my domain name for my website and is with office 365. Is this easy to transfer or would it be easier to set up a free gmail one?

3) when the email account runs out do all your emails disappear?

Many thanks for any advice!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Renewal questions

Hi @newtothis1,

When you initially purchase our products it is at a sales price, when it renews it's at regular price which would explain the price increase. Our prices are also subject to change at anytime. In regards to your questions.

1) If you are using our Website Builder, you would have to create a new site at your new hosting provider. You can save text and images, but since it's template based the content cannot be migrated. 

2) If you want to use another email provider, you can save your email messages/contacts by using an email client. Check out this help article.

3) Yes, if you allow the email plan to expire you will lose of all your messages/contacts. 

If you have any additional questions please give our support team a call. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support