cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Db username and password keep changing

We just migrated our hosting for multiple sites from a windows server to a linux server. Both were godaddy servers.

Now every single night all of our databases are getting a new username and password generated and it is breaking the sites. After I update the wp-config.php with the new username and password it works.... until at night they automatically change again.

Anyone know why?

2 REPLIES 2
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Re: My Db username and password keep changing

Hi @Pochflyboy,

Most interesting conundrum I've heard in a while!!  What platform are you on?  Private/shared?  Were the installations/migration done manually or with a plugin/script?  Before even trying to answer this one, a bit more information is required.  Changing login credentials without some sort of manual intervention is generally not an easy task without some sort of route into the system to begin with.

Looking forward to your reply!

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Re: My Db username and password keep changing

Hi @Pochflyboy,

Quick thought, have you considered turning the wp-cron off?  Also check on your server for any other cron jobs running.  If this is consistently happening at midnight some sort of automation is likely in place.  Also, check your server logs for program execution, etc.  You might find some insight there.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites