cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Multisite Hosting on GoDaddy

Hello!

A few days ago, I registered some domain names with namecheap which I wish to host on my GoDaddy hosting plan which I have been using for a couple of years now. I have added two of the new domains [cmoplace.com and novogurus.com] to my GoDaddy hosting account [thecorporateprof.com]. I have also pointed the GoDaddy nameservers to the domains at namecheap. Unfortunately, I have not been able to install WordPress on the domains [cmoplace.com and novogurus.com] and consequently the sites are yet to go live.

What am I not doing correctly and how do I have the websites up and running without further delays?

Thanks for your prompt resolution of this problem.

7 REPLIES 7
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Multisite Hosting on GoDaddy

Hello @WG1

After a quick investigation I've determined that both your domains are redirected to thecorporateprof.com

Check your domain redirection settings.

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/manage-a-forwarded-domain-19936

Remove the redirection and point your domain to your hosting

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/change-nameservers-for-my-domains-664

Good luck.

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
New

Thanks Adrian for your reply; but I do not understand the basis for your determination to redirect the domains to thecorporateprof.com. Certainly, I do not want such redirection. I want the domains to stand on their own because they are to address different issues other than what thecorporateprof.com addresses. The domains are intended to be different websites. Please proffer solutions along that line. Thanks.

Helper VI
Helper VI

Hello @WG1

Regarding this

I do not understand the basis for your determination to redirect the domains to thecorporateprof.com

I was using a domain redirect checker to verify if your domains are redirected and they are so you will have to verify your DNS settings.

Since your domain is registered with another company but your site is hosted by GoDaddy you will have to use this tutorial:

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/change-nameservers-for-my-domains-664

Good luck.

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

Re: refund hosting linux

I want to cancel an automatic renewal hosts, my account: saledinhtung.
I want to cancel your hosting is renewed: "cntt.kynguyenviet.edu.vn -
Linux Hosting with cPanel Economy "

Hi .. Please, I need help regarding when uploading the files on the site, which does not show any non Declaration godaddy site content, Please advise us.
New

Thanks Adrian for your reply, even though it has not been of much help.

First, please undo/reverse the redirects you effected on the cmoplace.com and novogurus.com domains. I do not wish those domains to redirect to thecorporateprof.com domain (which is what you did). I want each of those domains to be a different website on its own with different focus from that of thecorporateprof.com.

I wanted to install wordpress (WP) on the novogurus.com domain, but was only able to install it on a directory (novogurus) on the novogurus.com domain. Thus, to access the WP install (site), I have to go to novogurus.com/novogurus. What I want is to be able to type novogurus.com in the address bar and go to the WP install. Do I necessarily have to procure another hosting account to achieve that? Put differently, can I not achieve the same purpose without necessarily buying a new hosting account?

Those are the issues I have. I hope your response this time will be direct, specific and helpful; and not just a mere link to an unhelpful resource. I expect a more direct and helpful solution to the specific issues raised above.

Thanks.

Helper VI
Helper VI

Hello @WG1

Regarding this:

...please undo/reverse the redirects you effected on the cmoplace.com and novogurus.com domains...

You are under the wrong impression.

I'm not a GoDaddy employee, I'm just a customer like you.

I don't have access to investigate your account or to make changes on your server.

I was just giving you an advice on how you can solve your problem.

Good luck.