cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Move godaddy hosting to new godaddy account

Hello to all!

Got a very specific question. I have searched the forum and found some related questions nonetheless, I could find a definite answer to my issue.

So here it goes. I have a website and email hosted in another person's hosting account. I paid him for what looks like my own economy linux hosting (with cPanel) plan and we now came to a disagreement and I want to transfer that hosting plan (including website and email) to my own godaddy account.

Is this something that can be done ? If yes, is it free (Given that i paid for the hosting plan and will continue to pay for it)?  or do I need to purchase the hosting plan again? 

FYI the domain is country specific and registered under my name via the country's registrar so the domain being assigned to the new account is not an issue.

Thanking you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Move godaddy hosting to new godaddy account

@costas201 wrote:

Hello to all!

Got a very specific question. I have searched the forum and found some related questions nonetheless, I could find a definite answer to my issue.

So here it goes. I have a website and email hosted in another person's hosting account. I paid him for what looks like my own economy linux hosting (with cPanel) plan and we now came to a disagreement and I want to transfer that hosting plan (including website and email) to my own godaddy account.

Is this something that can be done ? If yes, is it free (Given that i paid for the hosting plan and will continue to pay for it)?  or do I need to purchase the hosting plan again? 

FYI the domain is country specific and registered under my name via the country's registrar so the domain being assigned to the new account is not an issue.

Thanking you in advance!

@costas201 there's currently no way to transfer a hosting account to another hosting account. You'll need to purchase a hosting plan on your account and transfer the site to that hosting account, then update the nameservers through your domain registrar.

---

Re: Move godaddy hosting to new godaddy account

what about the all emails and the data inside ? how we can move it ?