Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Changing Hosting Plan

Hello all,

I searched this forum before posting but i could not find information i needed, so i created new post.

Currently i have Basic 2x WordPress plan for two domains. Every domain separeted host plan. I would like to buy one hosting plan and add all domains to that hosting plan. In this case i want to buy Linux Deluxe plan and add those domains from WordPress hosting plan to the new one (in this case Deluxe Linux hosting plan)

I know i have option upgrade, but it only shows to upgrade in that category oh hosting plans. I want to use Deluxe, not Wordpress hosting.

If i change my plan, will my websites be deleted? When i switch hosting plan (not upgrade) do i have to move the files, or this is automaticly done? 

What are the steps i have to take? 

Hope to hear from yall.

Regards

Viktor

9 REPLIES 9
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Changing Hosting Plan

Hello @oglasi

You will have to purchase the new hosting plan and manually move your sites on the new hosting and after that you can cancel the old hosting and your sites will be deleted from the old accounts.

Good luck.

🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
New

Thanks for your reply 🙂

Is there any tutorial on how to move websites from one godaddy hosting plan to another? 

Helper VI
Helper VI
Solution

Maybe there is but I could not find it.

If your websites are not too big you will be able to use the free version of this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

You install it on your site, make an "export" that will create a file that you will save on your pc.

Then, you go to the WordPress install from the new hosting and with the same plugin you import the file.

Don't worry it's not complicated, just follow the tutorial.

Good luck.

🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
New

Hey thanky you very much for reply and usefull information! 

Helper VI
Helper VI

You're welcome @oglasi

Glad to be of service.

🙂

Hello please help i want change window plan to linux plan what can i do 

i wast cancel my window plan what can i do ?

@oglasi wrote:

Hello all,

I searched this forum before posting but i could not find information i needed, so i created new post.

Currently i have Basic 2x WordPress plan for two domains. Every domain separeted host plan. I would like to buy one hosting plan and add all domains to that hosting plan. In this case i want to buy Linux Deluxe plan and add those domains from WordPress hosting plan to the new one (in this case Deluxe Linux hosting plan)

I know i have option upgrade, but it only shows to upgrade in that category oh hosting plans. I want to use Deluxe, not Wordpress hosting.

If i change my plan, will my websites be deleted? When i switch hosting plan (not upgrade) do i have to move the files, or this is automaticly done? 

What are the steps i have to take? 

Hope to hear from yall.

Regards

Viktor

@oglasi , how did things turn out?

Hello,

I have the same scenario.. hosting my website with wordpress plan.. i want to change it to hosting plan with cpanel.. i have tried to create a new one.. BUT WHEN I WANT TO CHANGE DOMAIN, the domain is detected as hosted with another host to i can not change the primary domain for new cpanel hosting.. so what do i do? OR UNTIL I GET the old account deleted?

My client's plan just renewed. If he starts a new plan and cancels the old plan will he receive a credit for the remaining time on the old plan?