• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

eMail Sender ID

When sending email from php code, receiver receivs the email wit the below sender id:

jalm9597@sg2nlhg118.shr.prod.sin2.secureserver.net

Since this does not look like correct domain, it gets rejected or considered as spam.

Please help to put correct domain instead of this strange id.

4 REPLIES 4
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: eMail Sender ID

Hi. @Jalmod. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

You should be able to set up your mail script to specify a specific address. This article regarding PHP mail may help. Also, other members of the community may be able to help further if you provide the script you're using to send mail. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

Many thanks for your reply.

My issue is not about how to write php script to send email.

My issue why godaddy send the "jalm9597@sg2nlhg118.shr.prod.sin2.secureserver.net" as a sender id within email header?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

@Jalmod. I see. That would be the address that the message is coming from. The first half would be the username for your hosting account and the second half is the address for the server. Unless the header is modified by a script, the mail will appear to come from the address it is sent from. Hope that clarifies the issue. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

Thank you very much.

I know how to change the "Sender Name" in the header, but how to change the "Sender ID" in the header?

Can some one help?