• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Want to change design/format suggested by Godaddy

I signed up to try the free website builder tool. I filled in the questions as required and got locked into a web design/format which is totally inappropriate. I'd like to start with a blank/empty design that gives me the tools and ability to place text, photos, illustrations, and add/delete pages, etc where I want. Can that be done? If so, how? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
    Helper II

Re: Want to change design/format suggested by Godaddy

Hi,

If you just recently signed up, then I would assume you're using the GoCentral (the newest version of website builder). If that's the case, it pre-populates pages and sections you may need based on the business category you entered in the questions it asked you. It's supposed to be a time-saving feature. However, if you don't like what was populated, you can delete pages and sections, everything but the header. Or, you can also rename pages and choose different layouts for the sections and header and different colors until it looks the way you want. Each page and section that was automatically populated will have demo text and images for you to replace with your own content. It's just there to show you where things go.

If you want to make those changes but aren't sure how, you can find step by step instructions here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/gocentral-1000041

Hope this helps!

--The largest litter of kittens produced was 19 kittens. - Cat Fact # 77--
    New

I too came across the same issue and was misinformed by GoDaddy earlier this week that my current website could be moved to the new 'builder' format without changes. I found out today that it can't...and to make it worse, you can't start from a blank page either!

Time to move on to new pastures I think...GoDaddy seems to want 'quick and easy' instead of quality...and it doesn't seen to care about the dilemma it brings to its current clients.

An eager GoDaddy salesperson tried to sell me their previous web builder. Glad I didn't buy it. I went to Wix.com where I can start with a blank page. Easy to use. Like all services it has its own limitations. But it doesn't strangle the creativity and iout of you like Godaddy does.

That link doesn't work.

That link doesn't work.