• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

GoCentral, SEO Optimization, HTML, and Headline issues

Any word on when GoDaddy will be improving the functionality of GoCentral? I cannot fully optimize my pages because I keep getting the message that "No headline was found. Make sure you have a headline on your page and try again.", or "Your headline does not include the key phrase." You can't add html code to GoCentral, so I can't use any of the Google or other optimization tools on my page.

I made the investment under the assumption that I would have the same editing capabilities as in Website builder--but if feels if I'm paying for something a lot less.

16 REPLIES 16

Re: GoCentral, SEO Optimization, HTML, and Headline issues

I have the same problem! Please let me know when this issue gets resolved!  

My home page seems to be okay, but all the other pages claims there is no headline and tells me to. Ave one and try again.  I do not see any options available to add headlines to pages?  It is probably a developer thing and needs be fixed in html code.  As of now can't get my pages to work with the set tools, and I think this is a major set back!

Please pass on any possible way to fix this problem

Thank you

New

I am also having the same problem. The message says I need a headline but there is no way to add a headline.  Please resolve or reply with a resolution.

After rewording all my products so I could have a title with the exact phrases to optimize my page, I've realized it will only let me optimize my home page and my shop page.  That's it!  I need to have each page of my products optimized.  I've tried inserting the page URL and that doesn't work either.  I am soooo frustrated.  Let me know too please if you ever get an answer.

Thanks,

Susan

www.upcycleLVG.com

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @UpcycleLVG@ZombieJoes@Robheg@SeaShards,

Just wanted to let you know that our GoCentral team will be answering questions tomorrow, Tuesday, July 20th in our GoCentral "AMA" Ask me Anything between 11-12 pm PT in this thread https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral-Website-Builder/quot-AMA-quot-With-GoCentral-Team-On-quo.... If you can't join, please feel free to post a question beforehand for them to answer. Thanks!

Rachel

Please help me why the headline is not recognized

and

My site has not been published on search engines

plz fix that

I will lose my mind

Helper II

Hey guys,

They already know about the headline problem & plan to fix it soon. Don't sweat it too much Smiley Happy 

--The largest litter of kittens produced was 19 kittens. - Cat Fact # 77--

Seems the issue hasn't been fixed yet? but I am sure the "headline issue" google requires is in the meta tag between the header html? I'm just gonna press continue and hope that it works out okay. oh and not all website are businesses, this tool should be optimized for everyone to use.

I'm stuck with the same issue as the original post.  The SEO optimization tool goes in circles and won't complete because I'm missing a "headline" for the page.   If the headline is a required meta-tag, then there should be a box/form in the editing tools to either allow me to edit it directly or for the web builder engine to generate one based on basic info about the account.    It's all rather frustrating.   

Any step-by-step on how to get this to work?  I may be missing something obvious ... 

Thanks!

When I try to use the SEO optimisation tool, I get to the end and it says "No Content Found",  I have also tried to use the Google Console to have my website verified but not of the methods available seem to work.  Can anybody help with this?  I am setting up a new business and need to have visibility on Google.  The GoDaddy support team seem to be clueless.

Two days ago I wanted to optimize a page.
    Very ugly circle of frustration.
    Chased the internet for help.
    What a waste of time.
    Got GoDaddy because I'm lazy and didn't want to cods. Did it for way to many years.
    Last night I got fed up and figured out the issue.
    No coding required. Just tell it you want to add html to that page...
    The solution is below.
    Godaddy should probably chat with me if coding gives customers grief :-)
    Best of wishes to all

Select the page you want to optimize
    Hoover over the page near the top and select the Blue circle + sign and add section
    Now, select HTML and click the box that says embed custom code on the page code
    Now a box will appear saying title.
    Give it a title pertaining to that page.
    Don't worry about the code showing on your page. It's hidden.
    select done
    publish
    Now at long last you can optimize the page

This doesn't work, the code does show on the site

Solution

Hi all! I just got off the phone with technical support on this issue. Apparently the reason you are probably getting an error message with “no content found”, is that the SEO wizard is looking for a “content section” on the home page. When you go to the site builder, at the area where there is a blue +. Button, you can click on that and it will give the option to set up a “content section”. This usually shows gallery thumnails and such. Apparently google uses that as a requirement for getting information the website.

This totally fixed the problem. I just added a welcome "content" section to my homepage and it worked. They will prompt you to make sure include key phrases in the section before publishing.

They didn't

I have been having issues with the Headline I want to finish SEO but for some reason, I can't pass through the Headline The only thing I keep Getting is The following:

No content found

We're unable to optimize your site because there is no content. Please add content and start the flow over. (Don't worry, we saved what you've done so far.

Please fix it! I have tried to change it many times over with no luck.