• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Errors importing item variables from Square

Hi - My problem is that GoCentral is not importing all the variables in my items. They are all there in Square but I get an error in GoCentral that says something about too many variables and they either do not import or import with no variables. If there is a limit on the number of variables that will import that would be very helpful to know.

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Errors importing item variables from Square

Hello 

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.

Alright… here’s what I did… I tried importing a spreadsheet to square space looked fine in Squarespace but didn’t import… and then I tried creating some test items in square space directly. Same error. There are only 8 different variations - yet it tells me there are too many variations … anything more than two variations will not import from SquareSpace.
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @adartist12. Thanks for posting. The limit for variations when importing from Square is currently 100. It doesn't sound like you're close to meeting that. I'd recommend getting in touch with our care team so they can take a closer look at this. To me, it sounds like this shouldn't be happening for you. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

I too have the same issue and yes, have completed all of your recommendations.  Complete SKU, no special characters, no more than 100 variations.  And I still get the same too many variables error.  

Yes, I've also called support and addressed this issue.....the end result of a 45 minute call was that 'it's a problem with Square'.

This does NOT solve the issue.  Who created the 'Import Square Button'?????  Can we speak with someone that can actually resolve this issue?  I can't see giving us the import from square button without previously testing something as simple as importing variables??????  HELP!

New

I'm having the same issues here. The ability to sync with square is the sole reason i chose this package and hosting option.