• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Editing site

Apparently you will not be able to rework your website once it is made, because uploading a photo uses all your resources.  During normal website use I come no where near using up my resources. 

I have not done any real updates in two years and am redoing my photo gallery.  I'm supposed to do this one photo at a time that make not even work and takes 10-15 mins ???? 

Look like a big Go Daddy fail. 

6 REPLIES 6
    Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I

Re: Editing site

Hi @jandrewesq,

Can you be a bit more specific about your resource consumption?  Have you had your site on automatic backup for 2 years?  If so, this may eat some space as the archives need to be cleaned every now and then?

How big is the image you are uploading?  Today's camera's and even many of the photo repositories present ridiculously big images so that they are extremely difficult to upload and work with.  If you are on shared hosting, every hosting provider around will set limits on how large of a photo you can upload.

Looking forward to your answer!

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

No backup, No where near storage capacity.  I cleaned up my photo gallery , and am rebuilding it.  Most of the images were already there for the almost two years.  Most seem around 400kb 

Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I

What hosting platform?

Linux.  Same as used for the last two years with 200 more photos then i have been able to get back on.  

On my 7th call to support still on hold again. 

Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I

Did you by chance make any changes to PHP version before the problem started?

Solution

Nope. But I finally got thru to tech support, and the PHP version was the problem. 

New version of Wordpress, old version of PHP. They were having problems talking to each other, and that was using all the resources.  He upgraded the PHP version to 5.6 and that solved the problem.

Thanks,

John