• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Add email to contact page

I have a page that is a list of board members. I would like to hyperlink the members' email addresses. In other programs I simply highlight the text, click the hyperlink icon, add "mailto: johndoe@something.com". This does not seem to work here. Is there a way to make the text of the email address a link that opens an email message?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
    Rockstar II Rockstar II
    Rockstar II
    Solution

Re: Add email to contact page

@littlepatty

You could add the full mailto link code:

<a href="mailto:example@email.com">your anchor text</a>

by using the HTML custom code widget for that section.

BUT by using clickable links like this bots and scrapers look for that code and will farm those addresses.  Thereby increasing each address' spam potential dramatically!

Instead just display the email addresses by using ASCII code in lieu of the actual email address.  So example@email.com would look like:

&#101;&#120;&#097;&#109;&#112;&#108;&#101;&#064;&#101;&#109;&#097;&#105;&#108;&#046;&#099;&#111;&#109;

but display as example@email.com.   There is an online tool to make this easy for you here.

Another option is to just note addresses as: example at email.com.   Visitors can then see and copy and paste an address without it having to be clickable.

Better yet use a form to avoid email addresses from being harvested by spammers.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    “Nothing will work unless you do.” ~Maya Angelou

Thanks!

New

When I try the ASCII method it simply shows as ASCII when I preview, not as an email address.

Is there some trick I am missing?

If I add "<a href=mailto:"     "</a> it works as an email link and launches my email program but still populates the To field with the ASCII text

UPDATE: It works if the section is an HTML section. Which is almost useless as there is no way of formatting the html to reference the google font used in the design.