cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nameservers

A while back i transferred my domains to Arvixe. At that time the name severs were changed. I recently transferred my domains back to godaddy,but the name serve have not changed. There appears to be a place where I could edit tje NS, but I dont know what the names should be?  Can anyone help me?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: nameservers

Hey, @big-dogs:

The nameservers should be what is provided by your hosting provider.  If you domains are not currently being used on websites, or your hosting is provided by GoDaddy you then use the default GoDaddy nameservers.

This is changed by going into Manage DNS and select default nameservers.

HTH! ;-)

Judith
"All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius

when i go to manage DNS, it says that it can't show DNS information because the nameservers are not managed by godaddy, which is true. It doesn't show the default nameservers for godaddy,it just says i can change them to a custom name?

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

@big-dogs....  Now I'm totally confused....

You mentioned that you transfered your domains back to GoDaddy in your intitial request.  Then you noted the "nameservers are not managed by godaddy, which is true."  It can't be both.

If you cannot select the default nameservers that means the transfer did not go through and/or is not completed.  If you want GoDaddy to manage your domains try starting that process over and be sure to follow the steps here.

HTH! ;-)

Judith
"All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius