cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

domain transfer not working?

I have been trying all day to transfer my domain from namecheap to godaddy. Namecheap provided me with an authorizaiton code. I purchased the domain transfer from godaddy, authorized the domain transfer (by clicking link godaddy sent in email), and put in the authorization code. Its failing every time.  In the 'pending transfers' section, my domain is there with a status of "correct authorization code needed". i provided the correct code... numerous times. anyone else experiencing this? I was on the phone with support and they said it would be resolved in a few hours. thats was a while ago. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 20.28.36.png

6 REPLIES 6

Re: domain transfer not working?

I have never had too much trouble transferring a domain into Godaddy. I would say the main blockers would be if the domain was just recently registered and if there was an internal error with the 3rd party registrar.

Hi @kleckns

It's possible to enter the code your registrar says is correct, but it still gets declined. WE are not rejecting your authorization code; the Registry is returning an error ("Correct Authorization Code Needed") that indicates the code does not match what they have on file for the domain. As long as you have checked that the entry is correct -- and that there are no spaces entered before or after the code -- you must go back to the current registrar and ask them to "regenerate" a code for the domain. This action will auto-synch the code with the registry and the transfer should go through.

If you get an error on re-entry, you may wish to try another browser, clear your cache on the browser you are using or use a private browsing window.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
Solution

Thank you. 

I kept trying to regenerate a code, but namecheap was giving me the same auth code that was not working. so i tried something different. I locked the domain and then unlocked the domain. i then was able to regenerate a NEW authorization code. this code worked and now my domain is in the pending transfer status with godaddy. 

thanks again. 

Transfer on hold due to "restrictions placed by the Registry" ?

Hello, I'm really stuck. I'm trying to transfer my domain from GoDaddy to ifastnet and both sides have been saying "pending" for days. I responded to all emails and believe to have approved of everything. I contacted support at ifastnet and they said the following:

"Your domain name's transfer is on hold due to restrictions placed by the Registry.
Please Contact your current Registrar to have the restrictions removed."

What restrictions? Can I do this myself? I don't know what I'm missing here.

Re: Transfer on hold due to "restrictions placed by the Registry" ?

I have the same problem too

What is the answer?

what to do?

no chat for support no nothing!!

Solution

Re: Transfer on hold due to "restrictions placed by the Registry" ?

Hi @neguloza,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have registered or transferred the domain within the last 60 days, the Registry will have it locked against transfer. If you have made certain changes to the registrant (owner) information, it may have a 60-day ICANN lock.

We have phone support available at the numbers here: x.co/247support. If calling isn't an option for you, please try our live chat available Monday-Friday from 5am-6pm Arizona time (MST) on the US/English home page (help.godaddy.com).

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support