cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Authorization Code

Hey! 

Trying to transfer our domain but we received 3 times the same and wrong authorization code, the other side doesn't accept, what should we do?

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Wrong Authorization Code

@Balint01 wrote:

Hey! 

Trying to transfer our domain but we received 3 times the same and wrong authorization code, the other side doesn't accept, what should we do?

@Balint01 What is the extension of the domain? Make sure you're not including spaces without text, sometimes when I copy and paste an authorization code an extra space is included at the end of the code.

---

New

I have the same problem - I received an authorisation code form GoDaddy but Wordpress.com says the code is "invalid". Neither WordPress nor GoDaddy can explain why the code does not work. 

New

I added no spaces before or after I posted my authorisation code. WordPress.com says the code is "invalid". 

Super User II
Super User II

@WebOwl wrote:

I added no spaces before or after I posted my authorisation code. WordPress.com says the code is "invalid". 

@WebOwl I'm seeing these types of posts a lot lately. Try to go into your Godaddy account in the domain manager and click on the domain, then scroll to the bottom and click "get authorization code" and try that one thats emailed to you.

---

New

Thank you so much @justingodfrey, I appreciate your concern on my behalf.  I have done that which you advise, not once, I've done it six times to be exact. Each time I get the same code by email and each time this code fails ("invalid" according to WordPress). Today I phoned the GoDaddy helpline, and asked them to send me a new authorisation code, because that is what WordPress advises. The person on the other end did not know that one gets an authorisation code to transfer a domain away from GoDaddy (!!! - no kidding). I had to take the phone to my desktop, and then explained to him where the procedure is on the GoDaddy website. He then asked me to hold the line which I did for several minutes, but suddenly I go scared that this line is not toll free as I simply assumed, and I rang off. Totally unacceptable service! I am stuck!

Moral of the story: never ever get a service provider that does not have an email or physical address.