cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Impossible to transfer expired domain from NS to GoDaddy?

My domain name registered at Network Solutions unfortunately expired this morning, so I figured this was a good time to check out GoDaddy's services.  It seems as though it would be possible to transfer an expired domain name, except that I'm getting this warning from GoDaddy:

"Required To complete this transfer, this domain’s administrative email address —pendingrenewalordeletion@networksolutions.com— needs to be a working address that we can send important confirmation instructions to. Please update it at your current registrar, if needed."

Of course, Network Solutions themselves replaced the correct e-mail address with that one this morning.  Which means, I guess, that they can stop me from transferring the domain name.

Is there any way to get around this?  (I highly doubt NS would put the e-mail address back the way it was without forcing me to pay the renewal fee...)

2 REPLIES 2
Helper III
Solution

Re: Impossible to transfer expired domain from NS to GoDaddy?

you will have to pay the renewal fee.
please note that, i offer direct support that is in no way associated with GoDaddy's regular support channels; but, for immediate technical support you can contact me at: https://join.skype.com/t3cxhmNCspqu

Re: Impossible to transfer expired domain from NS to GoDaddy?

Ok, thanks!  I guess I'll be with NS for another year, then...