cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain to Lodgify Website - Configure DNS

Hi

Kinda struggling as this is my 1st Rodeo.

I have developed a webpage on Lodgify for my apartments and now need to migrate my domain over to it. When I attempt to add 2 new "A" records as required I get an error saying "The specified CNAME already exists in the zone" when i have used the Type A.  . My guess is its a rookie mistake but could someone be so kind to point that out.

Thanks LP

23476524_10155625626901480_139096216_n.jpg23416020_10155625627011480_20979153_n.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Employee
Employee

Re: Domain to Lodgify Website - Configure DNS

Hi @LuckyPete!

Thank you for posting. If you're getting an error about a CNAME, you may be in the place for creating CNAMEs rather than A records. Please try these instructions for adding A Records and see if that works for you. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Domain to Lodgify Website - Configure DNS

I am trying to following instructions from Lodgify website to link with Go daddy.  

You need to create 2 "Records A" on your domain, this is generally achieved through your provider's DNS Management interface.

1st Record A:

• Alias - Should be the full domain: www.yourdomain.com
  • Type - Should be "Record A"
  • Points To - Should be 104.155.59.202

2nd Record A:

• Alias - Should be @@ or the domain without "www": yourdomain.com
  • Type - Should be "Record A"
  • Points To - Should be 104.155.59.202

I tried to add the 1 record, using www.mydomainname.com as the host but I keep getting an error CNAME already exists.  I am choosing A from the pull down menu from the bottom of the Records section and then filling in the Points To but the error pops up every time.  What am I doing wrong?