cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain Forwarding Stopped Working After Changing DNS Records

The domain forwarding was working for a while, but I recently added some email forwarding through Mailgun using my domain name. This required me to change the DNS records. Now the domain forwarding isn't working and I am wondering if I messed something up with changing the DNS records. Please help - thank you!

screencapture-dcc-godaddy-manage-CARVEDPATHS-COM-dns-2018-10-25-07_39_25.png

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Domain Forwarding Stopped Working After Changing DNS Records

@tiffinchina wrote:

The domain forwarding was working for a while, but I recently added some email forwarding through Mailgun using my domain name. This required me to change the DNS records. Now the domain forwarding isn't working and I am wondering if I messed something up with changing the DNS records. Please help - thank you!

screencapture-dcc-godaddy-manage-CARVEDPATHS-COM-dns-2018-10-25-07_39_25.png

@tiffinchina domain forwarding works using the DNS so you'll need to set it back for it to work. You'll probably have to setup the forwarding again all together.

---

Thank you for the reply @justingodfrey!

How do I set it back? Do I have to delete what I did, or just add back the parts that I deleted?

Thank you!

Super User I
Super User I
Solution

@tiffinchina wrote:

Thank you for the reply @justingodfrey!

How do I set it back? Do I have to delete what I did, or just add back the parts that I deleted?

Thank you!

@tiffinchina go into your domain manager, click on the checkbox next to the domain and click on "forward" and setup forwarding again. Make sure to check the option "update my DNS settings" as well.

----